"We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual to take the deputy manager/lead educator role in this new, 20 place, Reggio inspired nursery based in Chiswick, London. Our aim is to provide a space for children, educators and families working together in a stimulating environment through multidisciplinary enquiry projects. We are dedicated to the ongoing development of all staff, and the person we are looking for will be a reflective, responsive individual who constantly seeks challenge and innovation.
- To be responsible with the owner/manager for the day-to-day running of the nursery, ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements at all times.
- To prepare the nursery for Ofsted, ensuring that the nursery meets and exceeds the OFSTED requirements, those set out in the EYFS, and remains up to date with all childcare requirements.
- To take responsibility as SENCO and deputy designated lead for child protection.
- Take part in regular meetings with owner/manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To contribute and participate in the development of new ideas, supporting the staff team in the implementation of our approach and taking a lead in documenting learning.
- To lead assessment, recording, reporting responsibilities consistent with the nurseries approach.
- To be a key holder for the nursery.
- Understand the principles of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Management/ leadership qualification such as Foundation Degree / EYP status
- NNEB, NVQ3 or Equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of Ofsted National Standards and Outcomes
- DBS / Clean criminal record
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
- SENCO training
- Paediatric first aid training
- Work experience in a Reggio inspired school
- Participation in Reggio Study Week
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Full time, salary £25K, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. The nursery will be closed for one week over Christmas.
Applicants will also need to provide the names of two referees. Closing date Friday March 16th."