By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://sightlines-initiative.com/
Girotondo Preschool seek an imaginative preschool educator, West London
Girotondo Preschool, in Chiswick (W. London) is looking for a passionate and dedicated educator (full or part-time), to join their established team of educators.
'Girotondo is a 20-place, Reggio-inspired preschool. Our aim is to provide a space for children, educators and families working together in a stimulating environment through multidisciplinary enquiry projects. We are dedicated to the ongoing development of all staff, and the person we are looking for will be a reflective, responsive individual who constantly seeks challenge and innovation and is able to inspire and collaborate with her colleagues in our everyday learning environment.
Our preschool has quickly become embedded in the community around. Parents and children attending Girotondo all live in the area and are of diverse culture and nationality, which makes our school a rich and diverse environment.
As a Reggio-inspired preschool, we are committed to innovation and creativity, to explore resources and the outside world, and to expose children to different learning and developmental experiences. We explore the surroundings and green areas around the school every day; walking or taking public transport and are not afraid to get wet or muddy!
. We are looking for an educator able to think outside the box, to bring innovation and to be open to continuous learning and development.'
- To take an active role in ensuring that the nursery meets and exceeds the OFSTED requirements, those set out in the EYFS, and actively seek to remain up to date with childcare requirements.
- To actively contribute in the everyday activities of the preschool, inspiring innovation and continuity in the children's learning.
- To actively participate to daily staff meetings, contributing ideas and feedback, and helping with ways of moving learning forward.
- To be a team player, respect other colleagues' ideas and be flexible.
- To be aware of the safeguarding and other relevant legislation.
- To be the key educator for children and keep records of key children's development and learning journey, for school records and to be shared with parents/carers.
- Understand the principles of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- NNEB, NVQ3 or Equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of Ofsted National Standards and Outcomes
- DBS / Clean criminal record
- SENCO training
- Paediatric first aid training
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a nursery educator
- Fluent English
- Right to work in the UK
- Work experience in a Reggio-inspired school
- Be flexible with working hours
Full time, salary £18-£20K, depending on experience and education;
20 days holiday plus bank holidays. The nursery will be closed for one week over Christmas.
Applicants will also need to provide the names of two referees.
Applicants will be short listed and invited to an interview in the next few weeks. We intend to begin rolling interviews from Monday 14th January. Following interviews, a small number of short-listed candidates will be invited for a trial (paid), before the final decision is made. The successful candidate will be expected to take up his/her role before September 2019, after the job offer and all checks have taken place.