Do contact us with your suggestions for new articles - and we really appreciate comments and other feedback.
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://sightlines-initiative.com/
"We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual to take the deputy manager/lead educator role in this new, 20 place, Reggio inspired nursery based in Chiswick, London. Our aim is to provide a space for children, educators and families working together in a stimulating environment through multidisciplinary enquiry projects. We are dedicated to the ongoing development of all staff, and the person we are looking for will be a reflective, responsive individual who constantly seeks challenge and innovation.
- To be responsible with the owner/manager for the day-to-day running of the nursery, ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements at all times.
- To prepare the nursery for Ofsted, ensuring that the nursery meets and exceeds the OFSTED requirements, those set out in the EYFS, and remains up to date with all childcare requirements.
- To take responsibility as SENCO and deputy designated lead for child protection.
- Take part in regular meetings with owner/manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To contribute and participate in the development of new ideas, supporting the staff team in the implementation of our approach and taking a lead in documenting learning.
- To lead assessment, recording, reporting responsibilities consistent with the nurseries approach.
- To be a key holder for the nursery.
- Understand the principles of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Management/ leadership qualification such as Foundation Degree / EYP status
- NNEB, NVQ3 or Equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of Ofsted National Standards and Outcomes
- DBS / Clean criminal record
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
- SENCO training
- Paediatric first aid training
- Work experience in a Reggio inspired school
- Participation in Reggio Study Week
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Full time, salary £25K, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. The nursery will be closed for one week over Christmas.
Applicants will also need to provide the names of two referees. Closing date Friday March 16th."
Thing the First
On Friday 2nd February we are having a Dialogue Day at Madeley Nursery School, Telford. This will be a special day dedicated to explore the various principles and practice which Sightlines Initiative, the Nursery School, and also Reggio Emilia, have been working on for 20, 17, and 60 years (!) respectively. The day will be for a maximum of 10 educators/heads/managers, who are themselves beginning to explore theses principles in their practice.
Here you can read more about the day, and book your place - do ring us with any questions.
Thing the Second
... A video by Reggio Emilia's municipal infant-toddler centres and preschools, based on children's ideas and thoughts about the squares in the city.
The schools wanted to investigate children's ideas on the participation and 'life lived' by adults and children in the piazzas of the town and in the schools themselves, as a backdrop to the elections of a big new intake of citizens and friends to the new City Childhood Councils ....
Last week OFSTED released the Bold Beginnings report into Reception classes. This report brings into stark contrast the values, beliefs and perspectives of those that seek to evaluate and bring to account provision for young children and of those who understand and support their learning processes.
Are we still bystanders as education becomes simply something to be measured by politicians, despite all that parents and teachers and children know?
Chris Merrick looks at the implications of the report in the light of a recent presentation and call to action by Professor Peter Moss, of the Institute of Education, London.