Network Group 2022-23: INTRODUCTION
A Sightlines Initiative Pathway for Network Centres evolving & evidencing relational pegagogy
The Focus Group will be a small group of centres (envisaged around five) committed to evolving 'Environments of Enquiry' pedagogy, through systemic evolution, researching one another's practice through dialogues and coursework, and examination of other reference pedagogy, particularly that of the preschools of Reggio. We may also invite collegiate participation from network colleagues engaged in appropriate academic research.
We aim to develop a public visits programme and documentation library for other educators and network members, showcasing work of the participant group.
Monthly online sessions will be 4p.m. unless otherwise arranged.
September – October
- Establishment of the group, including grouphub registration to dialogue systems.
November – December
- Introductions online, including virtual tours; examinations of enabling systems
- Establishing centre-based intentions for systems development and evidencing
- Discussion focus: ’How does the daily life of the school/centre nurture children’s fascinations and an environment of enquiry?
January – April
- Seeing & nurturing relationship in children’s learning processes: examining the centres’ uses of Time, Space and Attention;
- Nurturing in the educators a culture and consciousness of questioning and seeing things differently;
- Managing and nurturing Learning groups as part of the daily life.
- April: first review of impact and effectiveness through exploration of centres’ documentations.
May – July
- Presentations; editing documentation
- Initiation of first public visits programme
- Discussion focus: making learning visible
- The discussion foci continue to build over the course – they become layered up during the year;
- The group will be structured and facilitated by two Sightlines Initiative consultants from outside the group.
- There will be up to three nominated participants from each centre.
- We invite academic Network colleagues (e.g. those who are undertaking appropriate postgraduate research) to participate as co-participants.
- The £750 fee is for the whole programme participation for one centre and may be paid in installments.
Dates, Details & Booking
|Date||Wednesday 21st September 2022|
|Price||This introduction session online is free to all network members prior to signup.|
|Please Note:||The Introduction session does not commit your centre to participate in the group. Interested Centres will sign up by October 1st.|