Skylight Group 2018-19
DEVELOPING A PEDAGOGY OF ENQUIRY / IN DIALOGUE WITH REGGIO EMILIA:
CREATIVE EARLY YEARS’ AND PRIMARY PEDAGOGY
- Have you already visited the preschools of Reggio Emilia on our introductory study week?
- Do you want to develop your knowledge further and dig deeper with like-minded educators?
- Do you want to work together in dialogue with each other and with colleagues in Reggio Emilia, in the construction of an environment of enquiry?
- Is the educational setting in which you work keen for you to play a leading part in its continuing professional development, and to benefit from the learning opportunity of this course?
Then this 2018-19 Skylight study group is for you! It is for educators in settings who have been to Reggio before, are working positively on their professional practice and want the opportunity to enable themselves and their settings to become more skilful and courageous in their work of creating a listening pedagogy.
“As part of this group you will reconnect, reinvigorate, reignite, and re-energise the passions you have about early childhood education” (comments from last year’s participants.)
“Participation can help you to a seismic shift in the evolution of your pedagogy through the shared and sustained determination of this clear and united group.”
THE THREE PHASES
1) PREPARATORY DEVELOPMENT 1st SEPTEMBER 2018 - 30th MARCH 2019
Leading up to the visit in Feb 2019 will be group exchanges in which you will be able to outline your current development challenges and we can begin to work on them together, applying our Developing Environments of Enquiry framework. There will be an online group exchange, and individual 1-1 sessions will also be available as an addition. We will be exploring the tussles and complexities of reflection, values, risk, languages and the responsibility of constructing the educational environment. These processes will also inform our Reggio colleagues and assist in their preparation for our visit.
2) ENCOUNTERS IN REGGIO 31st MARCH - 5th APRIL 2019
A week of intense dialogue with educators and pedagogues of the preschools of Reggio Emilia, Italy.
- Sat 30th March – travel to Reggio
- Sunday 31st March – group discussions
- Monday 1st April – Thursday 5th April – encounters with Reggio colleagues and schools
- Friday 6th or Sat 2nd –cultural encounters with the province
- Saturday/Sunday – leave Europe and return to UK.
3) ON COURSE FOR CHANGE APRIL - JUNE 2019
We will work with you as a group and individually and your setting to ensure that there is a good foundation for the key learning to progress well into the future life of the school setting. There will be an online group exchange, and individual 1-1 sessions will also be available as an addition.
CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION AND APPLYING
The necessary group size is 25 – 30. You need to apply for a place with us directly: please talk with us to help you make the most of the course’s potential for your centre‘s development strategies. The journey and the benefits will be different for all. We welcome participation of English-speaking Reggio Children International Network colleagues.
Dates, Details & Booking
|Date||Monday 3rd September 2018|
|End Date||Saturday 1st June 2019|
|Cut off date||Friday 1st February 2019|
|Please Note:||Application remains open throughout autumn '18. You are still in time to register. The week in Reggio itself is in April '19.|