The Reggio Emilia Approach to Education: international digital study group
Have you always wanted to hear directly and in detail about the Reggio Emilia Approach® from Reggio Emilia’s own educators and pedagogistas; and to have the opportunity to engage in live discussion?
With Reggio Children, Reggio Emilia’s organisation dedicated to international professional development, we are collaborating to offer a friendly and live substantial online study opportunity, especially for educators and others who are relatively new to encountering Reggio Emilia’s early childhood principles and experience.
Here is advance information and special participation opportunities.
It is a full immersion in the Reggio Emilia Approach® with 20 hours of live and recorded materials and the times of live events are specifically scheduled to make it easier for those in UK and similar time zones: most of the live events will be at 4pm UK time.
This will be a Reggio Children study group with international participation.
- FRI, Oct 15th LIVE (ZOOM) Introduction to the program, to the contents and formative strategies Live conversation on the Reggio Emilia Approach & video 4 – 6 p.m.
- MON Oct 18th LIVE (ZOOM) Live conversation on Observation, interpretation, documentation 4 – 6 p.m.
- WED Oct 20th LIVE (ZOOM) Live conversation on the infant-toddler centre and the school introduce themselves 4 – 6p.m.
- THURS Oct 21st LIVE (ZOOM) Live ateliers (workshops): an interactive session in which participants will be invited to prepare in advance some basic materials which can be easily found either at home or at school, and will be invited to investigate the materials and explore possibilities… 4 - 7 p.m.
- FRI Oct 22nd LIVE (ZOOM) Conclusions of the study group 4 – 6p.m.
These will be available exclusively to registrants from October 11th to Nov 12th.
- Videos and documents that must be watched before the live conversation of October 15th: Video - The values of the Reggio Emilia Approach; Document - Historical notes and general information, edited by Reggio Children.
- Videos that must be watched before the live conversation of October 18th: Observation, interpretation, documentation: Thinking by design Projects from an infant-toddler centre & from a preschool.
- Videos that must be watched before the live conversation of Oct 20: The infant-toddler centre and the school introduce themselves through videos purposely created for the digital study group to make visible the daily life at school.
- Videos and documents that must be watched before the live ateliers of July 22: Video - 100 languages and culture of the atelier; Document - Introduction to the atelier and instructions on how to participate, by atelieristas of Reggio Children.
Sightlines Initiative has a priority registration access. When you activate the 'Book' button below, your browser will open a seperate registration on Reggio Children's website. From that page, you can register.The coupon "UK2021" must be inserted at the end of the shopping cart. By using this code, you will additionally be registered to participate in supplementary November/December seminars and discussion hosted by Sightlines Initiative:
- Listening and relationship as a foundation of practice in your setting
- Educators reflecting and building knowledge together: seeing & working with children’s fascinations
- Formations of children’s learning groups in an environment of enquiry.
- along with Background and introductory articles.
These are intended to contextualise the experience of Reggio Emilia, and initiate pathways for you and your colleagues to make relational pedagogy the heart of your work with children and their families. A further programme will also be available to support the continuing evolution of your practice.
Dates, Details & Booking
|Date||Friday 15th October 2021|
|End Date||Friday 22nd October 2021|
|Registration Start Date||Tuesday 7th September 2021|
Download the Advance Information pdf and share with colleagues.
|Download info||October digital Reggio Children Study Week.pdf|