Focus Group: Doing Education amidst covid 19
Since the inception of Sightlines Initiative in in 1997 we have been working, through professional projects, research andexchanges, to advocate creative and reflective early childhood pedagogy.
In the context of the Covid 19 pandemic, how can we ‘do school’; build educational environments where children's learning flourishes?
There are clearly many challenges:
- the conservative UK building size norms have resulted in small classrooms and centres with large group sizes, right across the age span. However spaciousness is called for to support social distancing.
- Can we have co-constructive learning and do social distancing?
- In non-statutory (early childhood) education and daycare, how can staffing and budgetary stability be achieved?
- What children are overtly missing most is sociability and sociable enquiry:
- Our framework for developing pedagogy is founded upon building learning environments of ENCOUNTER, ENQUIRY, EXCHANGE, EXPRESSION ... can the circle be squared?
We are hosting three online discussion groups – on 21st, 26th and 28th May (all 2 - 3.30 pm) for UK Heads, Managers, Class Teachers, governors who are faced with these questions, are dedicated to developing co-constructive education, and who want to exchange situations and ideas.
The maximum size will be 16 in order to maximise exchange.
Update - these sessions have filled up quickly and we may offer more. If you are interested in this, please add your name to the Waiting List on the Thursday 28th date.
|Thursday 21st May 2020||online||£0||0|
|Tuesday 26th May 2020||online||£0||0|
|Thursday 28th May 2020||online||£0||0|